Fidelity Health Care is now hiring an Occupational Therapist.
The role of the Occupational Therapist/HCCM is to oversee the home care services provided to patients and, specifically, those services related to their field of practice. This position interfaces with all levels of home care staff as required by the Medicare Conditions of Participation and TJC.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program.
• Minimum 1-3 years of job-related experience.
• 1 year clinical experience in acute care setting preferred. Clinical experience should have occurred within the last three years unless currently employed in home care.
• Home care experience preferred.
• Must have current licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in Ohio.
• Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of home care rehabilitation and community resources.
• Provide thorough physical, mental, and social assessments of patients upon admission to home care agency as well as during each home care visit.
• Establish plan of care in coordination with patient, caregiver, family members, physician, case manager and other home care team members. Revise plan of care as necessary.
• Observe and monitor the medical status and rehabilitation progress of the patient on an ongoing basis with appropriate intervention.
• Comply with all agency regulations/policies/procedures in regards to documentation.
• Provide patient/family teaching regarding disease process and prevention, infection control, home safety, home exercise program, and management of the patient in the home setting related to rehab diagnoses.
• Direct and supervise services delegated to and provided by the Occupational Therapy Assistant. Monitor frequency of visits and ensure compliance of the care plan.
• Utilize the Home Care Aide as an extension of therapy in cases where appropriate.
• Notify all disciplines, physician, and home care agency of discharge and complete the discharge summary as per policy.
• Participate in agency quality assurance/improvement activities and team/work groups.
• Attend all scheduled in-services and staff meetings as per policy.
• Strive to maintain/improve home care and clinical education for self and/or community.
• Appropriately arrange time off coverage and communicate this with the agency.
• Maintain average productivity expectation as established by the agency. Responsible for maintaining minimum weekend on-call, holiday, or other requirements established by the department.
• Must be capable of repeated standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to creatively adapt multiple environments and situations for successful outcomes.
• Must be self-directed and able to work with little supervision.
• Computer skills preferred.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate effective case management skills.
Our Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
• We will build healthier communities with others who share our commitment to provide high-quality, cost-competitive health care services.
• Patients, physicians, and employees will choose Premier Health over any other health care provider in Southwestern Ohio. We will earn their choice, and grow our market leadership by anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations.
• RESPECT each person’s dignity.
• Act with INTEGRITY to do the right thing in all aspects of our responsibilities.
• Serve with COMPASSION that embraces each individual’s concerns and hopes.
• Commit to EXCELLENCE as measured to the highest level of performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.