Sorry, this job has expired.
Fidelity Health Care is now hiring a Speech Pathologist. This position reports to the Rehabilitation Manager.
As the Speech Pathologist you will oversee the home care services provided to patients and, specifically, those services related to their field of practice. You will interface with all levels of home care staff as required by the Medicare Conditions of Participation and TJC.
• Associate's or bachelor's degree in Speech/Speech Therapy and Language Pathology.
• Completion of an accredited medical assistant program required.
• 1-3 years of job-related experience.
• Minimum of 1 year clinical experience, preferably in an acute care setting. Clinical experience should have occurred within the last 3 years unless currently employed in home care.
• Home care experience preferred.
• Must have a current Ohio Speech and Language Pathology License.
• Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of home care rehabilitation and community resources.
• Evaluate and directly provide or supervise the provision of speech therapy services to patients in their homes or residences.
• Function as Home Care Case Manager (HCCM) and provide and coordinate all components of a patient’s home care services.
• Provide care as ordered by the physician, follow policies/procedures, and conditions of participation, and regularly report to your supervisor.
• Establish plan of care in coordination with patient, caregiver, family members, physician, case manager and other home care team members. Revise plan of care as necessary.
• Responsible for all required documentation related to the care they provide and communicate pertinent information regarding the patient to all appropriate health care team members.
• Observe and monitor the medical status and rehabilitation progress of the patient on an ongoing basis with appropriate intervention.
• Coordinate the delivery of services of all members of the home care team as designated by the plan of care.
• Participate in agency quality assurance/improvement activities and team/work groups.
• Attend all scheduled in-services and staff meetings as per policy.
• Appropriately arrange time off coverage and communicates this with the agency.
• Maintain average productivity expectation as established by the agency.
• Maintain minimum weekend on-call, holiday, or other requirements established by the department.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
• Must be capable of repeated standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to creatively adapt multiple environments and situations for successful outcomes.
• Must be self-directed and able to work with little supervision.
• Computer skills preferred.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers.
Our Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
• We will build healthier communities with others who share our commitment to provide high-quality, cost-competitive health care services.
• Patients, physicians, and employees will choose Premier Health over any other health care provider in Southwestern Ohio. We will earn their choice, and grow our market leadership by anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations.
• RESPECT each person’s dignity.
• Act with INTEGRITY to do the right thing in all aspects of our responsibilities.
• Serve with COMPASSION that embraces each individual’s concerns and hopes.
• Commit to EXCELLENCE as measured to the highest level of performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.